Our Mission and Strategic Plan
The University of Iowa Mobile Clinic is an interdisciplinary student organization founded in 2002, that provides free health screening, prevention, education, and basic health services to under served populations.
- Health equity: We believe healthcare is a basic human right to which all people should have equal access.
- Service: We believe students and faculty should have an avenue for experiences that foster a lasting spirit of volunteerism and humanism.
- Diversity: We believe an environment should be created in which diverse people can interact with one another in a spirit of cooperation and mutual respect.
- Community: We believe sustainable partnerships should be initiated with communities to encourage active participation in their own health.
- Integrity: We believe in holding ourselves to the highest standards of honesty, fairness, and professional ethics and will evaluate our activities and our partnerships based on these same values.
- Provide culturally appropriate care in an effort to appreciate the diversity of patient populations
- Sustainability: Education about community and continual assessment of its resources and issues; training of student leaders; secure more stable source of funding.
- Holistic care.
- Advocacy for our patients in the health care and larger social arena.
- Insure excellence as an organization by monitoring and auditing internal processes.
The University of Iowa Mobile Clinic currently has clinics at these sites:
Street Medicine at Wesley House (1105 Gilbert Court, Iowa City, IA)
St. Patrick’s Church (4330 St Patrick’s Dr, Iowa City, IA 52240)
West Liberty Middle School (203 E 7th St, West Liberty, IA)
Columbus Junction, IA
Broadway Community Center, Iowa City
Other sites on an occasional, as requested basis
We see patients on a drop-in basis at the clinics, and see all those who come to clinics. Our clinic operations are staffed by student and UI faculty volunteers.
Funding for our organization is provided by grants and donations. Please contact Chris Roling (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about financially supporting Mobile Clinic.
If you would like to get involved in the Mobile Clinic, browse the requirements on the Volunteering page and fill out an application to become one of our volunteers.