The University of Iowa Mobile Clinic is an interdisciplinary health sciences student organization dedicated to providing free health screening, prevention, education, and basic health services to underserved populations in and around Iowa City
Iowa City Locations:
- Pheasant Ridge
- St. Patrick Church
- Shelter House / Street Medicine
- Ecumenical Towers
- Inside Out
- Center for Worker Justice
Volunteers make it happen
Check out the great work the volunteers put in to make Mobile Clinic happen!
The Mobile Clinic Mission
Healthcare is a universal human right. Many people in our community are currently denied this right. The Mobile Clinic was founded to:
▪ Provide free health screening, prevention, education, and basic health services to underserved populations in and around Iowa City.
▪ Utilize interdisciplinary potential from the allied health sciences at the University of Iowa.
▪ Raise awareness of existing health resources in the community.
▪ Connect people in the communities served by these resources.
▪ Partner with these communities to assess their changing needs and adapt our services to reflect these changes.
▪ Advocate for patients both in clinics and the larger social arena
Help Support the Mobile Clinic
Funding for our organization is provided by grants and donations. Please click here to donate to The University of Iowa Mobile Clinic.
The Mobile Clinic would not be possible without the support of the following organizations and individuals:
- AAMC Medicine in the Community Grant Recipients (Sponsored by Pfizer Inc.)
- Community Foundation of Johnson County
- Doc Dash (Organized by the Flocks Community at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine)
- Executive Council of Graduate and Professional Students
- Groesbeck Family Foundation
- Iowa Foundation for Medical Care
- Melick Foundation
- The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine (who funds the UI Mobile Clinic Medical Director and Administrative staff positions and provides office space)
- Many private donations of money and in kind support received from generous individuals, especially our UIHC faculty providers who so freely give of their time to volunteer at the clinics.
Need our care?
Please Note: UI Mobile Clinic is unable to handle individual patient health concerns over the Internet, by phone, or via e-mail.